38%
  38%
They're okay...But I won't be buying one...   [ 7 ]  
22%
  22%

Total Votes : 31
AASPBY
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
So Heapwire (via Twitter) sent out a poll for us to choose which T-shirts should be sold on Immi's upcoming tour.

http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/2206972/

I took a look through the shirts and I am less than pleased. I hate to be a downer but what are those?! There is only one I can really see reflecting Immi and that's the one with the ellipses on the side! I don't understand the trees AT ALL. Did I miss something? I am incredibly disappointed and if these are the shirts I'm supposed to vote on, I vote NONE. Besides, they all look like female shirts so that's ANOTHER down-side.

I think we need a contest. Let the fans design the shirt. We were able to help with the packaging, why not the promo?

Last edited by AASPBY on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
lionl
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quote
Amen sister.
I think a fan-designed shirt would represent Ellipse AND Immi in a better way this tshirts do. I still don't get the trees, can someone figure those out?

Follow me on Twitter!
xelwooodx
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2007 Posts: 501 Location: somewhere in the central line.
AMEN, they are SO SO SO SO SO UGLY, come on, they can do better for free! CONTEST!

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quote
I like the look of the first design... but I'm not really understanding the connection either, except with number 2. NOW, that being said, maybe it'll all make sense once we know more about the tour? Maybe trees or leaves or something are more of a "thing" in the tour.

shh
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
they look nice

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
All of them are terrible ...

Maybe the #1 can be ok ... with those dark trees ... But i don't see how it's Imogen Heap related ... Laughing

If i'd buy a pantyfan tshirt, i'd like it to look like a shirt from Imogen ... Laughing I mean, something really different, with something of HER style ...

But these .... ewwww ....

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
1. Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Those who have voted (and there were a lot of you) have given us a good idea of what designs are/aren't popular.

2. I'm pretty certain these designs will be available in different styles, as in design no.1 may be a t-shirt not just a vest. (I'm checking on this).

3. Art is subjective, so saying "We can do better for free" is merely an opinion, your opinion, not fact. As for what 'reflects' Immi - she has a say in these designs, it's not like we've had someone come up with a series of potential designs without her seeing and approving them before we ask what you guys think. So again, subjective/opinion etc.

4. Sales in the past have shown us what is/isn't popular and most people don't want Immi's face or logo/name splashed over the t-shirt, they want something more subtle.

5. There isn't time to run a contest this time around as the tour starts in 4 days. We may run a contest in the future, but for now these are the potential options for this tour - along with some of the left over S4Y merch.

6. Certain things will become clearer when the tour begins.

frooosh
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Um, I don't get how trees and leaves are unrelated to Immi. You're looking at the same album art to Ellipse I am, right? The whole background behind Imogen is beautiful, dark, crackly-looking leaves that you just wanna fall asleep under :p As well as, you know, the website front page (which I am assuming is how the new site design may well be themed), all of the promotional images for Ellipse, the orgy of beautifulness that is the "Canvas" video (chock full of trees and leaves)... you could even say "The Fire" is sort of reminiscent of the theme.

Anyway, I really liked 1 & 3, but chose 3 at a push. I'd like to buy a few of them, really. Will we still be able to buy them if we can't make it to the gigs? (Online?)
maksou
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
What the...???

The only one that makes a little sense is #2 with the "ellipses" on the side Rolling Eyes

The other ones don't mean nothing to me nor do they represent the album ! sorry Immi...

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by maksou on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
James
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
James wrote:

xelwooodx
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2007 Posts: 501 Location: somewhere in the central line.
James wrote:
James wrote:

Exclamation ok, ok, i guess it's not a big deal then... but now im excited for the gig

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm getting really curious... Trees + imogen heap + gigs = ?

Anyway, as "certain things will become clearer" I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
adamtce
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
the leaves and tree's reminded me of the "theme" from Circa Survive's tour back fall '07 where they had this really cool silent film on repeat behind them while they played. it had like flashes of this house, tree's, bubbles, leaves, and lots of stuff like that it was pretty cool.
artistboy907
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
JonWes wrote:
I like the look of the first design... but I'm not really understanding the connection either, except with number 2. NOW, that being said, maybe it'll all make sense once we know more about the tour? Maybe trees or leaves or something are more of a "thing" in the tour.

i agree. the first one looks really cool. but i do like the 2nd one with the ellipse on it
AASPBY
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Everyone knows I meant no malice, right? Just making sure.

The shirts are by no means ugly, I just didn't think they fit Immi. She's so extraordinary and the shirts are kind of plain. I loved the design of the black S4Y shirts. I kind of feel like wearing this, people might go, "What the HELL is an Imogen Heap? Is that a new line of clothing?"

That being said, I would place a vote on shirt #2. I really like the Ellipses and well...they fit the theme of the album. Hahaha

Although, now I'm super excited to find out what her set is going to look like! EEK! I'll be at the concert all alone...Sad But I'll survive!
artistboy907
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
there is a meaning behind those trees... just dont have a clue quite yet. lol
Lil_G135
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 am Reply with quote
Now that I can see them (when I first got the tweet about them, the link to the bigger versions didn't work)... I still like 1-3 best. But I didn't think the trees were that obscure... besides Ellipse's cover I thought a lot of songs had some reflection back to nature, even if the song's weren't always about nature.

But we'll get the real meaning in soon~ I like both types of shirts though, something more obscure and symbolic like these, and then something with immi's face/logo on it (but again, not so deliberate as in the Ellipse/Details/Imeg covers. More S4Yish).

If I want an image of Imogen in clear form, I'll buy a poster. And buttons.
rockbird
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Feb 2009 Posts: 161 Location: St. Joseph, Missouri, USA
James wrote:

4. Sales in the past have shown us what is/isn't popular and most people don't want Immi's face or logo/name splashed over the t-shirt, they want something more subtle.

I supose I can't argue with figures but I honestly find that odd and a bit hard to believe. When I buy concert shirts I buy them because they have a picture of the band/artist or their name or logo or tour name or something that lets people know I baught this shirt as a nice reminder of the concert I saw and because I want to show support to a band or artist I like. I don't buy a concert shirt because it looks subtle.

This is just my personal view on this topic, I'm sure some people do like the subtle designs but not me. No offense to anyone who does like that kind of concert shirt. I just find it odd because the whole point of having merchendise for artists is to promote the artist/band. Not to leave people guessing.
Senescence
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
And no underwear ?????

I'm upset !!!

We all are pantyfans here !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Senescence wrote:
And no underwear ?????

I'm upset !!!

2md this!
AASPBY
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Senescence wrote:
And no underwear ?????

I'm upset !!!

PUH!

I'm MAKING my own underwear...with the potential help of xelwooodx!
FamilyValues
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Um, are you people stoned? These are awesome.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
FamilyValues wrote:

I think it is you who is stoned.

Now leave me to my weed and GO AWAY.

*cries*
FamilyValues
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote
AASPBY wrote:
FamilyValues wrote:

*cries*

Lol, no. I'd much rather take these over the crap fans will most likely churn out any day. No offense.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote
FamilyValues wrote:
AASPBY wrote:
FamilyValues wrote:

*cries*

Lol, no. I'd much rather take these over the crap fans will most likely churn out any day. No offense.

It takes a whole lot more than that to offend me. You're safe.

However, calling me fat and or telling me my pants are on backwards when they're clearly not will offend me.

As for these shirts, they upset me. I wanted to wear one of them and say, "Hey, you're touching my boobies." But no. I do not want any of them close to me. I will stick with the ones I already have, or go naked.
Senescence
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
But now we know why ...

The ugly tree is on stage too ! Laughing

She really doesn't have any taste for visual things ... ahah !

All her stage set ups are terrible ... Laughing

Maybe this time it's gonna be just a bit less girly ...

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
1 and 2 are cool.

3 is a bit too "ed hardy" for me.

4 is pretty cool, perhaps a bit too subtle. A bit more contrast, maybe.

5-7, depending on the color combination/contrast, are alright, but I've been more interested in assymetric t-shirt designs lately, personally.

In general, I greatly prefer simple, subtle-yet-strong (does that make sense) graphics to name of album/name of artist-type tees, so these (other than #3) all get a thumbs-up from me. Smile
Lexixo13
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Senescence wrote:
But now we know why ...

The ugly tree is on stage too ! Laughing

She really doesn't have any taste for visual things ... ahah !

All her stage set ups are terrible ... Laughing

Maybe this time it's gonna be just a bit less girly ...

I think there creative.
Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, not just the tree. Its a whole earth tone theme. Or at least thats what it seems

Flickr

photography!!! =]
Indiana102
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I actually got the chance to see Imogen in concert last night (Yea!) and she had the tree set up on stage. It was AMAZING. She did so many neat visuals with the tree and some lights that were on the branches. She also had a drummer with some neat symbols hanging on the tree as well. It was really great to see someone be creative and do something different for a change. Besides, that's why most people love Imogen so much. She's completely different from any other artist I've ever listened to. I even bought one of the black shirts with the tree symbol on it and let me tell you, I've had several comments and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Wink Imogen's tour is going to be INCREDIBLE!
emkappel
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
There's a new set of shirts to vote on...

http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/2578507/