23%
  23%
Not particularly, just a fan of her music.   [ 1 ]  
7%
  7%

Total Votes : 13
Jesse Colton
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quote
I just got my Everything In-Between DVD today. It's beautiful. I've yet to watch it, but I'm staying up with Immi tonight.

Maybe it's because I'm just in a really sappy mood, but I thought it would be nice if we could all have a thread where we just share how Imogen has impacted our lives. For me personally, I accidentally discovered Imogen by stumbling upon a burned CD with no writing on it, that had Hide and Seek burned on to it four times in a row. Almost as though the universe handed her to me. When I heard Hide and Seek, something about it spoke to me so deeply, that it awoke a part of myself I hadn't felt in a long time. It led me to start a blog, to start thinking about life, and myself again, and it started me along on a road to loving myself again. Imogen's vBlogs are a constant source of inspiration to me.

Whenever I see Immi, I just feel that there's hope in humanity. To see a person bursting with so much life, so much exuberance and creativity, yet at the same time so raw, so emotional, so willing to share her pain and her joy with us. Imogen is a special person who has a special place in my heart. How has she affected you, and if you could meet her in person and tell her one thing, what would it be?

I would thank her for allowing me to believe that there are others like me in the world, and that creativity and originality can be constantly flowing, never ending, and real. I would thank her for helping me to believe in myself.

"People should use Twilight as a building block. Only reading Twilight and nothing else is like traveling to a foreign country and being so fascinated with the train station that you just move in." - Thomas Passwater
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jesse Colton
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quote
Little update, just finished watching the DVD and all the bonus features. Wonderful, as I knew it would be, learned lots of new exciting things (for instance, two songs are mentioned by name that did not make the album, I think one had the word "kick" in it and one had the word... "frog" or something. I don't remember, but they're there, in the credits!). Seeing Justine was nice too, knowing she was behind the camera for all of the vBlogs and barely getting the chance to see her.

Honestly, this past week has been kind of a downer for me personally and this DVD just topped off my day and has put me in a much brighter state-of-mind, and really lifted my spirits a bit. As always, thank you Imogen, and thank you Justine, for giving us this wonderful insight into the creation of an album that truly took blood, sweat, tears, and the occasional ass-slapping.

"People should use Twilight as a building block. Only reading Twilight and nothing else is like traveling to a foreign country and being so fascinated with the train station that you just move in." - Thomas Passwater
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger