Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Ellipse' Discussion  ~  'Somewhere Along the Central Line'?

Miel
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:34 am Reply with quote
Remember, early on in Imogen's vBlogs, she talked about a song called Somewhere Along the Central Line (or something similarly named)? Anybody know what happened to it? And the other songs she also talked about early on (Black Sheets, and one other song)?

JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK, AUU
Energy
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote
Miel wrote:
Remember, early on in Imogen's vBlogs, she talked about a song called Somewhere Along the Central Line (or something similarly named)? Anybody know what happened to it? And the other songs she also talked about early on (Black Sheets, and one other song)?

Unfortunatly ideas get scrapped and merged... for whatever reason immi felt these songs were not good enough and not recorded. At one point I asked if between sheets and black sheets were linked (before album release) and she said no.

Maybe the ideas will get used as bsides, maybe you'll see the original ideas on the making of dvd... who knows? well immi does... we should pester her ^_^ lol

Over there stands my angry angel...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lanniefizzle
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2010 Posts: 30 Location: Sheffield/Leicester
Ahh i was watching that vblog the other day and thought the exact same thing! It sounds like it could be such a beautiful song aswell, it sounds very immi-fied!

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
In the end, as much as we appreciate everything she makes, we kind of have to trust Immi's judgement. Remember in her vBlogs when in late 2008 she let some friends hear Ellipse as it was at that point, and they all said she could put it out just the way it was then? I think it's like that. We can't really get in Immi's head, and we don't know what the songs are SUPPOSED to sound like the way she does, so we just have to trust her, I suppose.

But B-Sides do intrigue me, and I keep wondering if there will actually be any more singles from Ellipse. First Train Home was only released digitally, and Canvas was more promotional than anything. If there aren't any more singles, there can't really be any B-Sides I suppose. I remember Imogen saying in an interview that she felt the age of the physical album and CD was coming to an end, and I'm a big fan of physical albums (especially since she formats them so beautifully, Ellipse is one of the best-formatted albums, if not the best, I've ever got my hands on).

"People should use Twilight as a building block. Only reading Twilight and nothing else is like traveling to a foreign country and being so fascinated with the train station that you just move in." - Thomas Passwater
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger